Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Red Lipstick Comparison: MAC, Lancome & Bobbi Brown




 I just love red lipstick. I also apparently love the (virtually) same shade in different brands.  The lipsticks and their colors are lined up in the same order:



Left to Right:

MAC Retro Matte Ruby Woo
MAC Matte Von Teese (A few available here)
Lancome L'Absolu Rouge #160 Rouge Amour
Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Heart
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Cruella
Revlon ColorStay Lip Pencil Red

 So what are the differences between these shades/brands?  Between the two MAC shades, the Ruby Woo is a little less creamy than the Von Teese and the Ruby Woo is more matte than the Von Teese, The Lancome is more sheer and shiny. The Bobbi Brown is the creamiest but just as matte as the two MACs.  

  The easiest to apply on the go are the Bobbi Brown and the Lancome.  I wear the MACs when I have more time to spend on careful application.  If I want to wear red but don't want to hit people over the head with it I will apply the Bobbi Brown and wipe off some with a tissue to give it a more muted presentation.



`

No comments:

Post a Comment