Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Getting Your Skin Ready For Spring / Summer

 Maybe you're going on a trip somewhere nice soon, or maybe you just want to get into the general habit of taking care of your skin.  Hopefully this post can be a little nudge in the right direction for you to start doing what you likely already know needs to be done to take care of yourself.  If you have any products you like, or routines that you really like,  I'd love to read about them in the comments!

  Here's what I'm using now:

FACE 


  The best eye makeup remover I've ever used is the lid+lash wash & makeup remover by bliss.  I like it because it's a gel, so you can skip using a cotton ball or washcloth until you're ready to wipe it off- I put it on my fingertips and then rub it onto my eyes.  I've re-purchased this 4 times, over the course of a few years since it lasts a long time.

  For face wash I just started using the Youth As We Know It cleanser by bliss.  I also like the cleansers made by Clarins.

  For a mini "spa moment" I added the bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask to my routine a few nights a week.  It feels kind of like a light shaving cream when you smooth it onto your face, but then it gets all foamy and fizzy feeling.  Leave it on for about 5 minutes and wipe it off.  

  The little pink nubby pad is made of silicone.  It makes your face cleanser last for so much longer because it doesn't absorb any product, and with the little soft spikes you can really work it around on your face and get it really clean.  I got mine at Sephora.


I think the biggest thing to get your skin into optimal condition is exfoliation.  For a long time I have used the St. Ives Scrub, but I felt like I wanted something finer for my face.  I like the Laura Mercier exfoliator (Flawless Skin Face Polish) a lot but I wanted to try something new so I went for the NARS skin Double Refining Exfoliator.  It had a lot of good reviews. I;e used it for a few weeks and Im pretty happy with it.  It is a very finely grained exfoliator, like the one from Laura Mercier, but it id much less scented, if scent is something you are sensitive about.

BODY


I have stuck to the St. Ives Apricot Scrub for elbows, knees and feet.  I've been using this since I was a teen, so it not only works cosmetically, it's also kind of a sentimental favorite.

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion is supposed to be really good for your skin, keeping it moisturized for not a lot of money.  I like that it has a neutral scent, absorbs quickly and doesn't cost very much.  


Aquaphor Healing Ointment is so useful.  I used it on my baby to prevent and treat diaper rash, but I keep buying it because it is great to soften up dry skin on feet and knees.  I also use it to moisturize my cuticles and when I get a psoriasis flare-up near my hairline this helps it to not get so flaky and itch (charming, I know.).

No comments:

Post a Comment