Monday, October 5, 2015

Alice Bow Insoles Review



  As a grown woman with four children and a life to live, I am a bit embarrassed to admit my fan girl status over Kate Middleton aka the Duchess of Cambridge.  It's not so much that I want to copy her for the sake of copying her but I find that she makes good choices with respect to quality.  Some brands or styles I already wear, others I found out about after reading about them in connection with her.  

  I almost always read reviews online before I buy something, so I look at my few Kate-instigated purchases as a type of review, keeping in mind that there are also times that companies or magazines will throw her name into an article to entice people.  Ultimately I have to decide based on personal preference.

  One such item would be Alice Bow insoles.  I read somewhere that Kate Middleton wears them to stay comfortable in her heels.  I don't know if this is true.  However, I was intrigued by what I read about them and decided I wanted to give them a try.  I don't believe in "suffering for beauty" and prize comfort as much as, or more than, style.

  They aren't cheap at about $20 a pair, but all the same, I decided that if I was going to order them I would get a couple of pairs of high heel insoles in case I liked them.  At the time I ordered them it was noted that there is backlog of orders and it would take some time for them to be delivered to me in the US from the UK.  Believe them: I ordered in July and my order came in September. 






  Regarding sizing:  I wear a size 10.  Sometimes shoe brands call this a 40, sometimes they call it a 41.  I ordered a 39-40 for my insoles because I didn't want to take the chance that a 41-42 would need trimming.  The Alice Bow 39-40 does seem to be a conservative 10, so I think either would work fine but maybe next time I would order a 41-42.

  So are they worth it?  I have to say, I think so.

  My husband and I had a rare night out recently and I decided to put the new insoles into a pair of Stuart Weitzman Nudistsong shoes that I had not worn before.  I've read that Nudist and Nudistsong (height difference is the reason for the name variation) are not the most comfortable shoes to wear, so it seemed like a good choice for the maiden voyage of my Alice Bow insoles.


  I noticed that the balls of my feet felt kind of snuggled down into them even though they don't look very thick.  The insoles worked out really well and I didn't have any soreness in my feet the next day like sometimes can happen after wearing heels all evening. 

  An alternative to Alice Bow if you are outside the UK and don't want to wait for an overseas delivery is the pedag brand.  They offer leather insoles that are pretty highly rated on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. Many people feel totally comfortable wearing a combination of taller heels and insoles, and so can you. My Shoe Lifts

    ReplyDelete