Friday, October 11, 2013

Contact Lens-Friendly Cleansers For Face and Eyes

  Most of the makeup that I use include ingredients designed to make these products long-lasting and smooth-wearing.  I'm happy with the makeup when it's on, but when it comes time to take it off, it doesn't go away.  I find that even when I have washed my hands between using the products and handling my contact lenses there can be a film that develops on the lenses and despite using a cleaner, I just can't get it to go away.  I wear Rigid Gas Permeable contact lenses.

  I finally found a cleaner that works for me, and so I wanted to share it in case someone else out there is having the same difficulty:





  An important feature of this cleanser is that it is called ESC, or Extra Strength Cleanser.  From what I understand after talking to my eye doctor, this type of RGP cleanser has a bit of alcohol in it that can cut through the greasy film that long-wearing cosmetics can leave behind due to the silicone, etc. that they contain.  I also included a picture of the rewetting/soaking solution I use because anecdotally and from personal experience the Simplus version of Boston soaking solution also contributes to build up on lenses.  This basic one works nicely for me.  


  Eye makeup remover can also be a problem for RGP contacts, at least in my experience.  I use to feel like they messed with my contact lenses, so I generally avoided makeup remover and instead only wore eye makeup that would come off easily by holding a warm damp washcloth to my eyes to remove it. 

  I worried that this was not good for the skin around my eyes, so I searched around and found a eye makeup remover that works really well without getting in my eyes.  It's by Bliss Labs and it's called lid+lash wash.  It's a gel formula, so you don't even need to use cotton balls.  Just squirt it onto your fingertips and smooth it on your eyes, and then wipe it away.  I'm really happy with it. 

  Lastly, the face wash I've been using alternates between the Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser and the Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser.  I use the Clarins with my little Sephora silicon cleansing pad and the foaming cleanser with a washcloth.  It just depends on what I feel like that evening-  the Clarins feels more moisturizing and deep cleaning for the days that I use a primer underneath my foundation, and the Caudalie is good if you only wore light makeup that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment