Breastfeeding has been a really positive experience for my kids and I. I think they are growing up healthy and emotionally secure partly because of the time we spent breast-feeding.
Breast milk has everything human babies need nutritionally. Babies also gain anti-bodies from your breast milk that help to keep them healthy while their little bodies are developing their own immune system.
Breastfeeding is bonding-time for you and your baby. It's a special way to start this lifelong relationship you will have with each other because you can really get to know each other when you are hanging out during nursing time. Even if you are away at work, the time you spend expressing your milk reinforces the bond because you are thinking about your baby as you do it.
When you and baby are together, a nursing pillow makes it easier for both of you to breastfeed. The pillow provides a supportive surface for the baby to lay up next to you and it gives you a way to position the baby so you can stay comfortable while nursing.
I just received a Dr. Brown's Gia Breastfeeding Pillow to try out and I have to say it's a great pillow. I liked the density of it and the extra-wide nursing surface was comfortable to rest my arm on, as well as wide enough to still support my son when he rolled back after nursing. It's made of 100% cotton, is anti-microbial and features an angled design, which is really beneficial in particular for babies suffering from reflux issues.
Check out my video review:
Here's what the pillow looks like straight out of the package:
It's machine washable, which is great for cleaning spit-up. You can also buy slipcovers for it. I like to use a slipcover because it's easier to wash that than to have to do without the pillow itself while it is being washed.
A close-up of the cozy-feeling slipcover:
THE Dr. Brown's Gia Breastfeeding Pillow GIVEAWAY!!
- Five (5) Mother of Style readers can win their very own Gia Breastfeeding Pillow! You can experience first-hand the features I described, or maybe you know someone who is expecting and you'll be able to give them the Gia Breastfeeding Pillow!
- The Giveaway entry period is from time this blog was published on www.motherofstyle.com until midnight Pacific time on Sunday, 8/11/13.
- Winners will be determined by random draw.
- Giveaway is for US & Canada only.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- One entry per person per day on Mother of Style website.
- To enter: Comment on this post with either something you learned from this post, or with your own breastfeeding advice. Please be sure to include a way to contact you if you win-for example: by joining this site through Google Friend Connect (aka become a Follower of MotherofStyle.com, through commenting while signed in to a site user profile as listed in the comments section, or by mentioning your twitter ID. You can also just comment with your name and send me an email to let me know you've entered and a good email to reach you at if you win.
- Earn one extra entry per day by Tweeting about this giveaway. Tweet the following: I just entered to win a Dr. Brown's Gia Breastfeeding Pillow at www.motherofstyle.com - you should enter too! @MotherofStyle
- Winners will be announced on Monday 8/12/13 by 12 Noon Pacific time.