Friday, May 24, 2013

Hair Dryer Time As Work Out Time?


You would think that since I am a Stay At Home Mom that I would be in the best shape of my life, with hours to exercise and juice and stretch while everyone else is at work and at school.  The reality is that I have lots of cleaning to do once my 3 big kids are safely deposited at school, or I need to run errands, or do shopping.  Most importantly I need to spend time with my new baby, to feed and hold and play with him.  And sometimes I am tired and I just want to sit on the couch for that window of time when I could be exercising. 

Yet I want to be in good shape and be healthy.  Who doesn't want to look nice for not only themselves but also their significant others?  So what do I do?  The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, right?

My one step is my hair drying time.  I wash my hair every other day/every two days and it's really long hair so I need about 10 minutes to dry it.  This morning I was thinking about the exercise situation and out of desperation I started doing lunges while I was drying my hair.  Why not?  I did forward and reverse lunges and side leg lifts.  It felt a little silly but I think I'll keep it up, and then maybe it will motivate me in the future to make time somewhere else in the day for a few abdominal moves as well.  I'm not going to put lots of pressure on myself but I think as long as I develop a routine it's a foundation I can build on.

1 comment:

  1. How cute! I love your blog and your posts are really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete