Friday, May 27, 2011

Cole Haan Boots Reborn


I thought these Cole Haan Air Daughtry boots were a must-have item for my trip to France this past April.  I initially tried them on at the Nordstrom Rack and fell in love with the leather- in the picture it looks stiff, but in reality it's very floppy and butter soft.  In my mind I saw these as being perfect for walking aroundm for wearing with leggings or cute dresses.  I imagine that over time they will break-in and look really cool.  I usually wear a 10 but my heels were slipping out when I tried walking in the 10, so I ordered them in a 9 1/2 online instead and that's worked out well for sizing.

 A week later we went on our trip.  After a few days in Paris we took the kids to Disneyland Paris.  My kids are 13, 7 and 4, so there are rides we can't all go on together such as the Space Mountain: Mission 2 rollercoaster.  My son and I rode Space Mountain and then waited for the rest of our family to come back from the ride they went on instead.  It was super sunny and beautiful:



And what did I do?  I tripped and scraped off the toe of my new dream boots!  You would think I had cut myself instead of the boots if you could feel the sudden sinking in my stomach that ocurred.  Here it was the beginning of our trip!  My new babies!  I had like 2 more weeks to go with this flap of leather? Sigh.  Oh, well.  I had to regroup and decide that if I didn't want to take the time out of our trip to find a cobbler to fix them, I would just grin and bear it until we got home.  Eventually a little hunk of the leather that had been flapping in the breeze came off and it wasn't that noticeable to anyone but me. 


After we came home I went to the local cobbler.  He examined the toes and held the boot back to look at it.  "Why did you buy these?" He asked me.  He continued on to explain that he didn't care for the contrasting soles and they would have been better looking if they were black.  I think I might have gotten out an "Um" but truth is, it didn't offend me that he didn't like my boots.  He fixed them!  If he thought they were ugly, that is okay with me- I'm just glad I got my boots back good as new: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment