Thursday, February 3, 2011

Crocs Croccasin Boots


It has been said that the only difference between men and boys are the size of their shoes and the price of their toys.  One thing that is the same is the price of their shoes:  My son recently turned 13 and along with this age has come a lot of growth- he now wears a men's size 7.  Most children's shoes only go up to a size 6, and after that you must buy adult shoes.  I've had a hard time trying to find any winter boots for him that are kid-friendly without costing an arm and a leg.

    Crocs was kind enough to send me a pair of their Croccasin Boots, and I am so glad they did because they are just what my son needed.  During the warmer weather all my kids wear crocs more than anything.  My son, in particular of my children, wants to feel comfortable and I think he likes the sensory input of the contoured footbed of Crocs, the sense of it being cushion-y.  He's worn these nonstop for over a week, and even though he's been tromping around in rain and mud and dead leaves, they look unchanged from when they came out of the shoe box.  The suede is called espresso, with black fleece lining and soles.  I think they look really good on him!


One of the big things about Crocs is that they are made from Croslite, which is a proprietary foam resin.  What does all that mean?  After trying out these new shoes and realizing they are as comfy and enjoyable for my son to wear as his summer clogs are, I took the time to find out a bit more.  Here is how I understand it:
   Resin: a viscous liquid that is treated to harden. 
plus
 Foam: bubbles of different shapes and sizes which become trapped in a liquid or solid.
equals
Foam resin: bubbles trapped in hardened resin.

Therefore Croslite is created from anti-microbial foam inside shock-absorbing resin that only Crocs can manufacture. 

I'm really happy with these.  I've learned that there is more to Crocs than just the summer clogs, and my experience has encouraged me consider Crocs for a greater variety of footwear needs.  In fact, right now there is a sale on Crocs.com on their Cozy Crocs, and shipping is free for orders over $65.

 How about you?  What's your experience with Crocs? I look forward to reading your comments :)


No comments:

Post a Comment