Monday, November 1, 2010

Leather Hole Punch


Though it may look like it, this is not an instrument of torture.  It's the leather hole punch I bought from ebay seller sportsandhome.  I always thought having one of these was a good idea for adding an extra hole to belts and shoe straps, but I always put off ordering one.  Sometimes it's the easiest things to accomplish that you let sit around forever, isn't it? 

Finally I broke down and found one (there are a ton on ebay) because I ordered this reversible double wrap Michael Kors belt from Nordstrom.  I checked around online and found it on sale at Bluefly, so I was able to get them to price match it (so I can earn rewards points and get free shipping).  I ordered a medium, but after I tried it on it looks like I could have gone for a small-  funny because I'm never a small.  The ebay seller was really fast with the shipping, so once I had the hole punch on a piece of paper to compare (which I'm sure isn't good since it probably dulls the hole punch edges??)  and then I eye-balled it to make a few more evenly spaced holes.  The picture quality isn't great, but you can see I added about 3 more holes to the belt:


A stock photo of the belt:



I've looked for almost two years for a double wrap belt.  It was surprisingly hard to find one.  Now that I have  I can't wait to wear it with dresses and over a couple of jackets that I have.  It also comes in black that reverses to silver.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. What a great great idea! I must have one! :) And I love the belt, you've sparked a hunt under my butt now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew what that was, my dad has one :-)

    Love the belt! Great find!

    ReplyDelete