Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rodarte Fall 2010 at Nordstrom


  Oh, where to begin!  Nordstrom hosted a special personal appearance with Kate Mulleavy and Laura Mulleavy, the sisters who started Rodarte.  They brought with them pieces from their Fall 2010 collection, which were displayed around a brightly lit space on mannequins and hanging on coat hangers emblazoned "Runway Sample." 


Runway Sample :)

 
My youngest daughter came with me and it was a lot of fun.  She's only three but she's got a good sense of humor already.  Look what happened when I was trying to take a picture of a beautiful white Rodarte dress.  She thought it was hilarious to keep putting her hand in front of the camera:


It was nice to meet the Mulleavy sisters:



Kate and Laura were both really lovely to talk with.  I probably talked more than they did, but I almost couldn't help it. I'm a chatterbox. They seemed like they could have just been my friends from high school as we chatted because they were totally easy-going.  They were really nice with my daughter, too.
 
 I like the fact that they are sisters whowork together because I have 3 kids, including 2 girls, and it's one of my dearest wishes that my kids will stay close to each other and run their own business.   

To learn more:



2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love Rodarte - it's crazy cool that you got to meet Laura and Kate and check out their fall collection. Those pieces are absolutely to die for!

    ReplyDelete