Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Happiest Place On Earth

We just got back from 5 days in Disneyland and Califonia Adventure. It was fun! Of course I obsessed before hand about what to wear, and what everyone else was wearing. Usually this results in too much stuff in the end, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. I planned to just have one extra outfit, and buying something if I really needed to. it is really tempting at Disneyland to go on a buying binge to walk around head-to-toe in some combination of Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy.

There are lots of people wearing just an item or two of Disney stuff- I mean, if you aren't going to wear it at Disney, then when? And, it's almost like a cult. It is a fun place, and you can get a lot of good memories from your visits there. You have to show your allegiance by wearing Disney stuff.

There can be too much of a good thing, like groups of adults wearing matching Mickey print polo shirts. Someone should really write a book about the Tribe of Disney. Decode the hidden layers in meaning of that pair of ears you choose. There are pirate ears, princess, traditional, year of a million dreams, 50th anniversary, tinkerbell, minnie, nightmare before christmas, pluto reindeer ones....

It really rubs off on you. Although for once the rational part of my brain was audible when telling me not to buy something, I still had the urge to buy among other things: a tinkerbell baseball cap, mickey socks, an I (heart) Pirates T shirt, a Princess hoody...and I probably would have worn them at the same time.

Maybe I wouldn't do it, but it was actually fun to see other people go overboard with their Disney style. Style is supposed to make you happy. If they are happy like that, then Zippy-Doo-Dah, Zippity A!

No comments:

Post a Comment